So I finished sewing up all of the patches for my Square Target Blanket. Yay!
Today I started laying them out to try to get a feel for what I have. After trying out many designs and not finding anything I liked I finally decided to sort the patches by color. I ended up with three piles - "crazy colors", "sort of crazy colors" and "normal colors". Not much of a system I know. :) So it looks to me like I've got the makings of one large blanket and two smaller blankets.
I think I can possibly finish the "crazy colors" blanket with just a bit more crochet with the skeins of yarn I already have.
The bummer is that I think I need to buy some more yarn in order to finish the larger blanket. :(
I felt discouraged so I put the patches aside and took a look at the hexagons. I crocheted the last one today.
This is what I've got.
Close up of some of the colors:
Here's my idea for now of the layout.
I'm not set on the order of the colors other than keeping the two dark blue stripes where they are.
Any comments are welcome because I'm not in love with this arrangement!