on the needles

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Maica's Birthday Gifts

We just got these photos yesterday! Again we were very happy to get them since we have only one picture of Maica that is fairly old. It looks like her hair has grown a bit and so has she! :)



We're getting better about the package thing. We sent her some dresses, shirts and pj's as well a jump rope, stickers, coloring book and other small toys.



Happily, this package actually arrived before her birthday! So I think we are starting to get the timing right. Usually we need to send packages at least eight weeks in advance. We just sent one off to Nyslin in Guatemala and her birthday is in September.



Maica lives in the Philippines. This was her ninth birthday. Maica writes her letters to me in English. She wants to be a teacher when she grows up. She seemed genuinely pleased with her gifts and said the dresses were beautiful which made me happy since I really tried to pick things I thought would look pretty on her.



I really enjoy being able to give my sponsor kids birthday gifts. It's one of the nicest things about Children International!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home