on the needles

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Ode to Etsy Blanket

Okay - it's a dumb name but it's all I could think of under pressure. :)

Here's my crochet project that I am working on after I finish up the Square Target Patches Blanket. (Only 25 more squares to sew up into patches! Yay!)



For this blanket I am mixing it up by doing hexagons instead of squares. I also chose this diamond motif for some texture. This is from a free pattern that's out there on the web. But I have modified it - I didn't like some of the techniques used. I'm getting to almost the same end design, just by a somewhat different route.



I had a quantity of nice hand dyed sock yarn (much of it bought on Etsy - hence the name) just sittin and stewin in my stash. Since I know I'll never knit it up into socks...how about a nice patchy blanket instead? I think it looks pretty good crocheted up into these hexagons. This yarn is from Jessie over at What Housework?. The colorway is Confetti. It is probably the most colorful of the yarns I will be using. The blanket will be mostly earth tones, blues and drabs. :)



And here are my finished hexagons sitting on top of the Square Target Scrap Yarn Blanket that I made out of all the leftovers from the patches. :)

PS. I can still knit! (Although my special cast on did give me a moment of panic.) I'm halfway through a dress for my daughter. :)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

You are on a major blanket kick, aren't you?!

5:24 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

That is going to be a gorgeous blanket!

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home