on the needles

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Hold On To Your Hats...

There's actual knitting in this post.



I don't know what came over me, but last night I finally got around to sewing on the buttons to this sweater I knit for my daughter. I finished the sweater a few months ago.



It is Haiku from Knitty. Heavily modifed of course. I don't seem to do anything straight from the pattern anymore. I blame (thank!) Elizabeth Zimmerman. :) It is done in a Koigu color that I like to call Fruit Punch. :)



I didn't like the basketweave stitch on the original sweater so I substituted ribbing, which gave the sweater a ruched look that I think is really cute on a little girl.



I also added ribbed cuffs instead of the plain and extended the ribbing up the sleeves. I just liked it better.



And now into the closet to await the return of colder weather. :)

Please click on the photos to see larger, more detailed versions.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I REALLY like your modifications! In fact, with your mods, it becomes an intriguing adult fashion. Hmmm...

8:35 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Once again, I'm amazed at your craftiness :) That is absolutely gorgeous, and your daughter really captured its essence in her posing.

Congratulations!!!

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knitting! Who knew? It looks good! In fact......no. No, I can't! cannnnntttt.

Hmm. Bedlam looks good. Was it?

6:03 PM  
Blogger Dianne said...

Love the sweater - you're so clever with the modifications! It looks great!

9:08 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Very cute!

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home