on the needles

Monday, June 09, 2008

Catchin' Up With Y'all


Soooo - what's been up with you guys?

Actually, I already know the answer(s) to that question because I have been blog reading if not blog writing. I've got the end-of-the-kids-school-year-is-kickin-my-ass syndrome.

Since I last wrote, my daughter finished her school year and we hosted a pool party for her entire class. It was fun - especially because we didn't grill this year. We ordered pizzas instead. I got to catch up with the other moms and got a sunburn (as usual).

Then my daughter had her first ballet recital. Can you say "CUTEST THING EVER"? I only slept one hour the night before & woke up from that little bit of sleep after having nightmares about not being able to do a good enough bun. Ballerinas are SERIOUS about their buns. :) It's not that my daughter is demanding or anything - it's just that she is my baby and I wanted everything to be perfect for her. It was. She was beautiful. The most beautiful little thing in the whole world. Who needs sleep anyway?

My son will be out of school this week - with all the attendant pool parties, teachers gifts and general mayhem that comes along with the end of the school year.

Then - camp. Oy.

In crafty news...I only have one skein of yarn left to crochet up for my blanket! I've sewn about 1/3 of the bundles of various squares into larger patches. The sewing actually goes fairly fast. I can't wait until I start laying the patches out to see what kind of designs I can make. I'm thinking this will end up actually being two blankets - one in blues and earth tones and one in .... everything else. :) SO I may need to buy a bit more yarn. Won't know until I start laying things out.



In animal news...I think Scooter is going to be a yellow head. He looks like he has started loosing the feathers just above his nose/beak and the ones that are there have a distinct yellow undertone. It will be cool to see the new color grow in. I'll try to get lots of pictures.

And last but for sure not least - Children International did an interview with me & my family and will be including it in their newsletter! Email me if you would like to read it & I will send you a link.

Oh, and also - it is hot here. The kind of hot that we locals like to call hizzzzzot! I'm not going outside - possibly ever again.

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Ok, I'm still giggling about dancers and their buns. :)

8:13 PM  
Blogger teabird said...

I'm imagining your darling little girl dancing with bun(nie)s!

I'd love to read the interview!

9:29 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Glad to hear that everything's OK -- I was starting to worry :)

Scooter is absolutely adorable!

1:46 PM  
Blogger fivekidz said...

Just wondering what camps you send your kids to? and how did you chose? have a great start of summer

3:01 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Congratulations on the interview!

And woohoo! Summer begins, and kids are home. Should be a good one for us, I hope it's a good one for you.

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home