on the needles

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Scraps

Here's what's happenin with all the scraps leftover from my Square Target Blanket. I have crocheted them into one big continuous square.



I've woven in all the ends, except a few close to the edge. I don't consider this a finished project yet. I'd like to add more yarn to it (but it would have to be a cotton sock yarn. It's acceptable baby or lap blanket sized now - but I always want to go bigger. :) Also I need to crochet a border for it. I think I'm going with a simple single crochet edging in a solid color.



I have ordered five skeins of cotton sock yarn I saw on crazy discount sale. I don't know yet if I am going to make more patches for my blanket - I'll decide when I lay out what I have and see how it looks. So for now, until more scraps are generated, the Scrap Square est finis.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

That is absolutely gorgeous.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I love it--what a great use of leftovers :)

2:09 PM  
Blogger Dianne said...

Fabulous - love the scrappy-ness!

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home