on the needles

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Squeeee!

We got a new picture of Mary Joy, one of our sponsor kids from the Philippines. I always get really excited when we get new pictures. :)



Isn't she so pretty? Whomever is taking the pictures in the Philippines this year is doing a great job! Jester's newest picture was really nice as well.

Mary Joy was our very first sponsor kid. She's a really nice young lady. I can't wait to see what she will make of her life as she grows up. She really has so much potential.

I recently asked Children International to make inquiries with all of our sponsor kids families in the hopes that I may be able to help some of them get started in their own small businesses. The process may take awhile and may not be a viable option for many of the families but I am hoping that I can do something for at least some of them. I'm really interested to see what CI has to say! There are so many variables that I can't really predict an outcome at this stage. So many of the parents are street vendors or maids/janitors so I am not sure if they have any skills which could translate into a self-sustaining business. Plus, the community would have to be able to support any business that we started. And the main ingredient is the desire on the part of the families to commit to making it happen. Hopefully, with the support of CI and a little cash from me some of my sponsor kids families can find a way to have a better future. Wouldn't that be awesome!?

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

That is a great picture. She looks sweet and happy.

FYI
My blog is acting up...the comments feature isn't working right now and you may have to re-subscribe to the feed. It is a hosting problem. Blech!

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, she's so pretty. I agree that the one doing the job this year is doing a great job. Rovelyn, Regine and Jinky's photos have been beautiful this year. Specially Jinky's.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Dianne said...

What a wonderful idea - I hope it works out for some of the families!

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home