on the needles

Friday, July 25, 2008

Joey's Gifts

My posts about my sponsor kids don't seem to generate many comments but I'm plowing ahead with them anyway. :)

I don't have any knitting that is any state that's fit to be seen on the blog right now but I'm working on it! Lots of crafting to come...

In the meantime...



These are the pictures we got from Children International of what Joey and his family were able to do with the donation we sent for Hubby's Father's Day.



Looks like they were able to get lots of kitchen stuff and some clothes as well.



Joey is nine and he lives in the Philippines. His father is a farmer and I expressed an interest in knowing more about that so recently Joey wrote me a sweet letter describing all of the things his father plants. Since Joey is the eldest son in the family it is his responsibility to help with the planting.



I love how the bag of rice is almost as big as Joey is! Rice is a huge staple food in the Philippines. The global food shortage has hit the Philippines hard, making rice even more expensive for my sponsor kid families. It's a real crisis situation in many countries and many times even if the families can find the money there is simply no rice to buy. So I'm always happy to see these massive bags going to my kids!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather M said...

Those are great pictures! I don't get any comments when I post sponsorship news either. However, this is your blog, and you should post what makes you happy! I wonder how much a bag of rice like that costs.

8:14 PM  
Blogger Dianne said...

I'm just getting caught up on blog reading, and love your posts about your sponsor kids!

10:21 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Look at all his family was able to receive based on your donation! It's great to see the difference you make.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I know I'm a bad/lazy commenter! : ) But I really do like to read the posts on your sponcor kids. Keep posting them! (and I'll try to comment more) : )

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home