on the needles

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Jhonny's Gifts

This is our other Ecuadorian sponsor child Jhonny. We sent him a money donation for Hubby's Father's Day present. Look what Jhonny got!



The family bought this nice looking wardrobe. Jhonny said that he used to keep his clothes in boxes so he was happy now to have a place to keep them where they won't get dusty.



Jhonny also got a new pair of sneakers. You can tell he loves those sneakers!



Jhonny is a really cheerful kid. He is one of seven brothers! He is very close with is family and his most favorite thing is when they can all spend time together. He also loves to play soccer.



I love this picture of Jhonny, his mother and his youngest brother. It reminds me of how I am with my son. Jhonny's father abandoned the family so they depend on his mother's income to support the family. Like many of the parents of my sponsor kids, Jhonny's mom is a street vendor. I'm glad that they were able to spend their donation money on something other than food! I think that is probably due to the fact that Jhonny's older brothers also work and contribute income to the family.

In crafting news, I had finished knitting the body of my daughter's dress only to mess up when I picked up the stitches for the sleeves. Don't ask how. :( Since this dress is knit all in one piece from the top down this is a pretty serious issue. There's no way I am ripping back to the sleeves. So I think I will be doing some serious knitting surgery and redesign in the days to come.

Wish me luck!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

Sorry about the dress. :(

Seeing Jhonny so happy with his new things is a fantastic father's day gift! Thanks again.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

What a great picture of that family!

Good luck salvaging the dress. I can't wait to hear how you fix it (even though it may not make sense to me since scarves and hats are all I've been able to master!)

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home