on the needles

Monday, July 28, 2008

Ana's Birthday Gifts

This is Ana. She just turned eleven and lives in Ecuador. This was our first experience sending a package to Ecuador and it seems to have worked out just fine. We just got these pictures and a letter from her a few days ago.



Ana likes math and used her birthday money donation to buy a scientific calculator. I was really pleased to hear that she was able to do that. I'm sure it's a big help to her studies.



Isn't it sweet how Ana put one of the dresses we sent her on over her other clothes? And isn't she just the most pretty little thing? She has such a serene and self composed expression and so far what I know of her personality seems to match. I have a feeling that Ana will really go far and make something special of her life.



My favorite photo of Ana, showing her sense of fun. She can seem quite serious on the outside but you can tell she also has that little glow in her heart. I can't wait to meet her someday!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger teabird said...

Stephanie, she is lovely -- all of your sponsor children are. It makes me happy to see the photographs, even if I don't comment --

namaste -

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She looks so peaceful on the second picture, I wish it be clearer. Funny to see her jumping the cord with that dress over all her other clothes.

You know Stephanie, I might not comment on everyone of your posts about your sponsored children, but I enjoy them the most. Actually, it's mostly because of them that I read your blog. I'm a sponsor myself and I like to see pictures of the children with some special gift.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

I have to agree that anyone who asks for a scientific calculator is really going to make something of herself. Thanks for helping to make that happen!

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home