on the needles

Friday, April 11, 2008

Random Bird Photos

No crafting pictures still...

..so how about some random photos of birds?

We saw this Black Headed Caique baby at a bird show we went to recently. They are really adorable birds - we thought about getting one but they are a bit too lively for our kids. This little baby was tired at the end of a long day of meeting people.



Dinah the Mynah was also very tempting to take home. When I was a kid I thought Mynahs were the epitome of coolness in brid terms. I had the ambition to someday own one. Probably had been reading too many Victorian novels. :) I had never seen an actual Mynah before this though. I didn't realize that they swallow their food whole! That was a bit disconcerting at first but we had fun feeding her blueberries.



And lastly, in the completely gross category, a Turkey Vulture was eating a raccoon carcass out on our street the other day. Turkey Vultures are huge! They are kind of beautiful in their own way though...but I probably wouldn't want to give one a kiss or anything. :)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Dianne said...

Ewwww, turkey vultures. I have them in my yard once in a while. They come by to clean up the food that I put out for stray cats. Yuck.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Well, although the turkey vulture doesn't indulge in fine dining, they are a fascinating bird.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Aw, that baby is adorable! Not so much the vulture...

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home