on the needles

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Finger

Carrie asked me how my wounded, Jude-bitten finger was holding up to all the crocheting I have been doing.

The answer is, "Quite well, thanks for asking!" :)

Here's a photo of "the bite" after about six days of healing time. Most of the bruising was gone by that time and the wound was nearly all closed up. But you can still see the half moon shape where Jude fastened his beak and dug in. He nearly scooped out a nice chunk of my finger but luckily I shook him off before he completed the job. I was left with a pretty massive bit of finger that was barely hanging on. I thought about going to the emergency room (which I never do). I finally decided that it wasn't quite bad enough for stitches and luckily it seems to be healing up okay. It's still a bit sensitive in the center though.



So it's actually lucky that the crocheting bug hit me when it did because I can't knit with my finger like that! But, since I crochet with the yarn guided by my left forefinger it works out just fine. Nothing ever touches the finger tip.

I've never been so happy to be multi-crafty! :)

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger PJ said...

Ouchy still!!!! Glad it doesn't interupt the craft though ;)

9:09 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Eeep! That'll be a nice scar with a story...

9:12 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Ouch! There's one reason to be thankful for crochet. :)

1:28 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Ouch! Glad the crafting continued, despite the finger.

11:06 PM  
Blogger Dianne said...

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you...nasty!

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home