on the needles

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Blankie Love

Have you ever had a project that you enjoyed knitting so much that you were actually surprised when you found yourself nearing the end? Well, that's how it is with my stash blankie.



I started knitting it last year during the Word Series and now I'm down to the point where I have only one skein left of each color. Looking back it seems to have knit up so fast - probably because I haven't had any of those "when will this end?" moments that tend to hit every knitter at some point on large projects. It's such an easy project to come back to that it has never seemed burdensome. I knit on it between other projects and it has been a great mental refresher, like a knitted palate cleanser that gets me ready for that next sweater. Some knitters have socks to fill those gaps. I think I'm more of a blankie gal. :)



Now I've started knitting the edging triangles out of a charcoal grey Cascade. I don't want to finish all the colorful squares and then be left with only grey to knit, so I thought I ought to begin. I think it makes a really nice contrast to all the color. I've also been weaving in the ends as I go so when I finish that last square then - ka-boom! - I'll have me a blankie!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Oooooo--I love it and it looks so comfy and cozy. Perfect for curling up under with a good book :)

Are those just mitered squares? How did you do it--separate squares/seaming or pick up and knit?

12:00 PM  
Blogger Dianne said...

It looks great!

6:38 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

That one does look like a lot of fun. I knit some modular hear sachets and they were lots of fun. Modular knitting really is addictive.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Twinkerbell said...

That blanket is gorgeous! Someday I'll have enough bits from my socks that I can try something like that :)

5:28 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Absolutely stunning!

8:27 PM  
Blogger kathy b said...

A work of art. I love it. Maybe I've been inspired? Just wonderful. Accolades, accolades, accolades

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home