on the needles

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me :)

I thought you guys might like to see my simply wonderful Hubby's latest creation.

I recently found myself crusing fountain pen sites and wishing I had mucho dinero to spend on a fancy pen when suddenly it occured to me (duh!) that my Hubbs could make me a pen just as nice. And luckily for me my birthday was coming up so he couldn't resist when I demanded a new pen. :)

Here it is (balanced on the book I am currently reading...):



Hubby's pens write much better than most of the fountain pen brands out there. And since it is made to order, I get to pick the materials. :) This one is acrylic with platinum hardware and a medium nib. I decided to use the converter so I can fill it with liquid ink rather than using cartridges. I think liquid works slightly better than cartridges - better and smoother flow. You can read more about the pen at Hubby's blog Beads and Coves.

It's nice for both of us to get back to blogging and crafting after our long spell of stress which got in the way. I hope it is a sign of things calming down in general.

I'd like to thank everyone for their supportive comments about my Mom and also for just generally welcoming me back to the virtual world. It truly means more to me than I can express.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What a beautiful pen!

4:28 AM  
Blogger Dianne said...

Happy birthday - that's a lovely pen!

10:02 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Wow, what an impressive gift. Happy Birthday to You.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad you like it. :)

11:48 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Happy birthday! What an amazing, stunning pen!

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, very nice pen! And wow, crafted by your very own DH. Impressive.

Speaking of impressive, how far have you gotten in Hermione's bio of EW? I checked it out from the library and realized.....no way, no how, right now. How is it?

9:45 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

I am impressed by the pen and that hubby has a blog!

9:02 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Happy birthday! What a gorgeous pen, and talented hubby!

9:13 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Happy belated birthday!

It's an awesome pen. I've never heard of anyone making their own pen before. Very cool.

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home