on the needles

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Mitered Square Quadrant Blanket

This is a small preview of some of what I knit during the "summer of chaos" kitchen renovations. I needed something simple but fun to keep myself sane. Thank goodness for the mitered square!



I cast on about 250 stitches and started knitting. The blanket is made up of four huge squares, each about 30" x 30".



I used a yarn I discovered online last year called Jojoland Rhythm. It has very long repeats of color which I thought would make nice looking squares. This one is for my nephew Benson.



Now for the seaming!

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

That's a great idea for that yarn. I have a couple of bags of the Jojoland Melody yarn; it's really pretty stuff.

I can't wait to see the finished blanket.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Dianne said...

Beautiful!

4:04 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

WOW I love it! It makes perfect use of the yarn.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

So pretty. You certainly did pick the right yarn for that project.

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, how did you manage to post so many posts without me noticing? Other than tax deadline tomorrow, but still. It's not as if I haven't been surfing the net.

Anyway, cute blankie! And now I'm off to Ravelry to critique your Avatar.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

The blanket is so beautiful! I want one! :-)

5:58 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

That blanket is gorgeous!

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a gret idea, and it is turning out SO totally gorgeous. Love all the shifting colours and variegation. Too cool.

6:33 PM  
Blogger RoxyK said...

Just the shading of that yarn! Gorgeous ;)

12:15 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

When I first looked at the picture, I thought it was Trekking 100 sock yarn. It's going to be an awesome blanket!

7:25 PM  
Blogger m.o.M. said...

That's beautiful! Thanks for your kind comments recently about Ravelry...I did finally make it in!

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home