on the needles

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Total Dork - That's Me!

Ok - hands up everyone who thinks the picture I used for my Ravelry avatar is really dorky.

Seriously! It was the only recent picture of myself I could find. Hubbs said I should just use an older photo but in my brain I thought that would be like false advertising. You know, because I used to be younger, and skinnier and had shorter hair. :) And if I used a really old photo of myself - pre-kids - then I would look well rested too.

But I don't really look like the avatar picture either. I was knitting when Hubbs took the picture I used, so I was wearing my reading/knitting glasses. I don't usually wear glasses. Not that there's anything wrong with glasses or anything, I kinda like mine, but I don't usually wear them.

Plus I think I just look like a big dork. I totally am a dork, I wish I didn't look like one. :) It's probably the big cheesy smile. Doesn't everyone complain about the way they look when they smile?

Anyhoo...I'm thinking about changing my avatar for the above reasons and using the little picture of Anastasia knitting that is in my blog banner. I think most people who read this blog would identify me on Ravelry more easily that way.

Plus it kind of wiggs me out when I am cruising around Ravelry looking at patterns or something and all of a sudden - eeeeekkkk! - there's my own big smiley head lookin' right at me. For some reason I find that to be....not creepy exactly, just unsettling I guess. I don't like running into myself when I'm not expecting it. ;)

Ok - I know you are all rolling your eyes at what a weirdo I am - but if you didn't already have that figured out then I don't know what to tell you! ;)

So feel free to tell me if you think the picture is dorky and if I should change it to my banner picture.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

I don't think the picture is dorky at all. In fact, I think you look really cute. :)

8:07 AM  
Blogger teabird said...

I think it's a cute picture, too - but if you prefer Anastasia, by all means... (I'm so decisive)

9:10 AM  
Blogger Dianne said...

I like that picture of you...you look open and friendly in it! Of course, I would never put a picture of super-dork ME as my avatar. I'm using a picture of my dogs! :)

9:21 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Dorky didn't come to mind! Of course, who am I to talk? I'm using the Eye of Chaos as mine.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I think it's a great picture and you should keep it! You are so cute!

7:54 PM  
Blogger rho said...

Well shoot I still have 428 people ahead of me before I can even look for your avatar -- and what am I going to use for mine -- ACCKK

1:08 AM  
Blogger Hege said...

I think it's a really cute picture!

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home