on the needles

Friday, September 07, 2007

KALs

I've joined two new KALs: the Knitting Elegance KAL which is devoted to Japanese Knitting patterns, and Knitting Japanese which is a Yahoo group. (See my sidebar.)

If you are a bit adventurous, like knitting from charts and schematics then you might want to check out the knitting and crocheting books from Japan. Crafting of all types is HUGE in Japan and there are tons of great books coming out all the time. The books tend to have such good illustrations and charts that you really don't need to read Japanese in order to work from them. Needle Arts has many of these books.

Of course when I added these two new knitalongs I thought to myself - gee, I sure do have a list going there and...hmmmm....I'm not actually knitting any of these projects. I usually join KALs knowing that I won't get around to actually knitting the item for quite awhile - but I will eventually so I really am interested in everyone else's progress and hoping to pick up tips and inspiration etc. I guess I consider myself to be the support and cheering section in a KAL rather than a participant.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I feel better reading that, because otherwise, based on your sidebar, I'd be thinking you were in too deep!

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tend to end up as a cheerleader too, but it's hard not to! That Japanese KAL looks great, there are some fabulous knits.

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home