on the needles

Friday, September 07, 2007

On The Needles: Now With 100% More Knitting!!

I guess I sort of accidentally knit a stealth project. Just never had time to blog it - what with the kitchen and all. But now the kids are back in school, so the knitting? It is ON!

I finished up this sweet little Vestee for my sister's baby (due this December).



Color is sort of washed out on that pic - here's a close up:



The Stats:
The Pattern: Vestee from Knitty
Yarn: Zitron Life Style 4 skeins
Needles: Addi Lace Circs size 4
Time to Knit: A few days
What I Learned: I can do anything! Really, it's amazing what knitting one sweater the Elizabeth Zimmerman way can do for your knitting confidence. I found this yarn, liked it and decided to use it. I didn't even care that it wasn't the weight of yarn called for in the pattern. Just said to myself - I'll just "unvent" the pattern. Easy to do since it provides a schematic. Swatched to find my gauge, reworked the numbers, and Presto! - I had a baby sweater. Whew! The knitting freedom makes me almost giddy!

Now I am knitting another one - this time in blues and greys and with short sleeves. I'm already on the collar. Man - baby stuff is fast!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger kimchi said...

love this pattern. SO CUTE! can't wait to see the blue/grey version!
:o)ek.

2:11 PM  
Blogger teabird said...

Very, very sweet!

2:48 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Adorable little sweater. I love the colors.

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute!

5:36 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Very cute sweater!

9:33 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Wow, I love it! The colors are amazing.

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous and liberating! I am hoping to embark on an EZ sweater from handspun shortly and I'm a bit nervous about it. But she wouldn't approve of that attitude so I'll buck up.

Good for you.

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home