on the needles

Monday, February 25, 2008

One of the Nicer Things




You may remember that last year I mailed a lady named Jo-Anne a big old box of yarn odds and ends. Around Thanksgiving Jo-Anne sent me this picture of the bears she makes from all of the donated yarn. These bears went to children in Hati.

Getting this picture was one of the nicest things that has happened lately. I think it must be my good yarn karma coming back to me just when I needed a little mood booster. And all I had to do was mail some leftover yarn - Jo-Anne does all the hard work!

If you have some odds and ends kicking around that you's like to donate, you can contact Jo-Anne by clicking on her name.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

How cool!

8:34 PM  
Blogger teabird said...

Ooh, I sent her yarn, too - what a great picture!

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing my bears with everyone!! I'm glad they brightened your day. Receiving the wool from knitters like you brightens mine! I can always use bits of different wools for the bears, and I'm always knitting them. Always (just look at my UFO pile). The bears win out every time.

Hugs,
Jo-Anne

5:59 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

WOW! I can't believe all those bears...that is amazing! I wish I was that motivated.

7:55 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

What a nice thing to do :)

2:01 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Wow! What a wonderful way to use up odds and ends.

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home