on the needles

Monday, March 31, 2008

Bath Time!



Lucy had her first bath at our home the other day. I filled the spray bottle with nice warm water and turned the nozzle to mist. Lucy was in heaven!! She immediately turned upside down and spread out her wings so that she could get a really good soak. Pure parrot joy! Hubby took lots of photos but most of them turned out blurry since there was alot of tail wiggling and wing flapping going on. You can really see all of Lucy's beautiful colors when she spreads out her feathers. So pretty! Lucy got herself good and drenched and then I gave her a bit of a rub down with a towel to get the excess water off. Her feathers were so nice and glossy and soft afterwards! I think most people don't realize how important it is for parrots to get a regular bath. Just think what you would feel like without a regular bath - yuck! It's been really rewarding to see Lucy getting comfortable in her new home and letting her personality come out.

In crafting news I finished the gimormous dodecahedron. Pictures to follow...

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I had no idea that you needed to bathe parrots. It makes sense, now that I think about it.

4:11 PM  
Blogger WendyKnits said...

Lucy is so beautiful. And I love her name. :-)

9:39 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Look at Lucy, loving the bath! Too cute.

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Lucy, there's nothing like a nice shower.

Your finger looks awful! I hope it's healing faster than it looks.

Lady Sarah. Sweet.

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home