on the needles

Monday, April 07, 2008

More Parrots (Yes Again!)

I'm working on a couple of crochet sock yarn blankets right now so I got nothin' crafty wise to show you - all I have is a bunch of little squares.

So instead you get more parrot pictures. :)

Lucy stretching her wing feathers. Whenever she does this I say "Pretty girl!" She is sitting on the handle of her toy basket in the parrot play area we have set up for her. She usually hangs out there for a couple of hours everyday. Good outside of the cage time for her.



And here s a beautiful portrait of Lucy that my Hubby took. Doesn't she look so content and satisfied? You have to click to enlarge the picture to get the full effect. She's so pretty!!



And if you are starting to get addicted to parrot posts you should check out my new friend Mary's blog Parrot Musings. She has an African Grey, two Caiques, a budgie and one of the small Macaws. I love looking at the photos and videos she posts and reading about her flock. :)

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger jessie said...

I'm not sick of parrot pictures. I love my chickens, but it's not the same, as they simply don't care to sit on my shoulder and preen my hair.

The turkeys won't, either. :-)

5:59 AM  
Blogger WendyKnits said...

That really is a lovely portrait of Lucy. She is such a beautiful girl and she looks so pleased with her world.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

She is so gorgeous!

9:14 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

More great photos! I love all the variations in her coloring. When you really look and realize that she has tons of different shades of green that blend together. And the way she almost looks iridescent (sp?)

It's so easy for these guys to suck you into being a Parrot Slave :)

2:02 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Lucy is very pretty indeed :)

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home