on the needles

Monday, April 02, 2007

The Tea Tiger And Why It Is Essential To Own One

If you drink tea you absolutely MUST get your paws on one of these!



It's called the Tea Tiger and I'm here to tell you it's the Holy Grail of Tea Drinking. It is the most absolutely perfect tea delivery method (otherwise known as a tea cup) ever invented.

It brews the tea. It keeps the tea warm without burning your fingers. It doesn't get that funky tea stain. It's easy to wash. It has a mesh guard that keeps the tea leaves from getting in your mouth (and all over your teeth! - super handy if one must drink tea in public, say at work). It's microwaveable. It has a screw on lid so it won't spill. It fits easily in the cup holder of my car.

And - as if that's not enough. It's beautiful too. There is a hologram - yep, hologram - of a tree on the lid. I think it's a cherry blossom tree. And there's a pretty little cherry blossom and some chinese writing on the side. So functional without being too modern looking.

Can you tell I LOVE the Tea Tiger?

It is available here - at the Strand Tea Company in Oregon.

My sister bought mine for me and I swear it arrived on my doorstep the very next day. Inside the package were some super yummy tea samples - all consumed since last Friday when the Tea Tiger arrived. There was also a tea catalog and several sheets of really cool info about the different types of teas.

Fast forward to today.

I'm on the phone ordering tons of tea and having a lovely conversation with Jack, one of the oweners of Strand Tea. Turns out, Strand Tea is a sort of "mom and pop" company - started by Jack and his wife - that has just grown and grown. I love those kinds of companies. Especially when the people that own them are as nice as Jack.

For instance, a portion of the sales of every Tea Tiger goes to support Tiger conservation in India where Jack goes every year to buy his tea. Pretty cool huh? He was also really interested in hearing all about the online knitting community and all the socially conscious things we all do. (And there really are tons of things we do aren't there? I was actually surprised at how much once I started telling a "muggle" all about it.) :)

Well - okay - enough ranting. You know I don't usually push new products on the blog, I just wanted to share this with you guys because I know alot of knitters out there are also die hard tea drinkers.

Oh and also - the box that the Tea Tiger comes in is so pretty! It was almost a shame to throw it away!

And say hi to Jack for me when you order one. ;)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home