on the needles

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Turning My Thoughts to the Future...

...my knitting future of course.

I'm in the "construction" phase of Bettna - seaming everything up and very little knitting left to do. I've woven in most of the ends already so hopefully I can have the whole thing done fairly soon.

So naturally, about now is the time my thoughts turn to that eternal question:

"What to knit next?"

Some of the things on my list are:
1. Calorimetry - one for my daughter and one for myself.

2. Argosy - both as a scarf (possibly as a Christmas present for my sister - yeah, I plan ahead!) and also as a blanket for my new nephew (as seen in Mason Dixon Knitting.) However, I have no suitable superwash for a baby blanket in my stash so I would have to buy some yarn for that one and surprisingly I'm not really in a yarn buying mode.

3. Lizard Ridge - still want to knit this one but am still in blanket shock left over from my Log Cabin (note to self - must take photos of Log Cabin blanket for the blog before son destroys it somehow...) - anyhow, not likely to start this one soon - although goodness knows I have plenty of Noro.

4. A Sweater for the afore mentioned nephew - I'm thinking either of the Baby Surprise Jacket a la EZ or this really cute one called Angelsberg by Cornelia Tuttle Hamilton. I really like the contrast between the Blossom yarn and the Kureyon (although I would sub the Kureyon for something washable like Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted.)

5. Also want to knit a sweater maybe Tista (also CTH and in Blossom - can you tell I'm itchin to use some Blossom?) for my daughter - after all she's only getting bigger! Got to knit while the knitting's good!

So those are my ideas for now - but I will have to probably poke around in the stash a bit before I decide. Has anyone knit any of these? Any good washable worsted weight I could use for the baby blanket other than the LL? Suggestions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home