on the needles

Monday, March 12, 2007

Gouldian Babies



One of the new Gouldian babies with Harry Potter and his gal Jenny Weasley. They are supposed to be a couple but they have yet to decide to give it a try. I'm hoping they will because Jenny has a blue gene in her and that would result in some awesome babies. This was the only photo I could get of Harry's back feathers - unfortunately the camera flash washes them out and makes them look turquoise rather than bright blue.



The baby and Harry fluffing up.




Looking curious. Isn't he gorgeous?




Harry is a very sweet bird. He is curious and has a very even personality. Some finches can be quite nervous. If you look in the nest box you can see his daddy Godric sitting on another clutch of eggs. At least I'm pretty sure there are some eggs in there - haven't looked. But knowing Godric and Minerva I'm sure there are - they are very industrious. After this second clutch I will take the nest away until next year.

Also - I split up Sirius and Rowena since Sirius tossed all the chicks last year. I paired Rowena up with Neville. It took awhile but they finally have some eggs. So far though I have only seen Rowena sitting on them so I'm not sure how well this will turn out. I didn't take any photos because I don't want to disturb them. Godric and Minerva are very confident birds and could really care less what I do around their nest but most other finches are more nervous.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Michael Stanford said...

Wow! Those cute Gouldian Finches look gorgeous indeed...I have many finches with that breed in my house

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home