on the needles

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My Favorite Picture of Lucy

This is my favorite picture of Lucy so far. You have to click on it to get the full effect - but I think this picture finally captures what her feathers really look like. There's so much depth of color! And the way they shine and shift like mother of pearl. It's mesmerizing.



I also think this photo shows Lucy's personality so far. I am her chosen human - but even so I when I put my hands near her she always instinctively retreats a few steps and then approaches me. I always let her come to me, keeping my hand still and praising her whenever she moves towards me. It took probably a week or two for Lucy to really decide to approach me on her own and I had to be very patient about it. She was always curious and I knew she really really wanted that contact but her past baggage made her cautious. Nowadays the whole "retreat then approach" sequence takes a matter of seconds. Someday I hope it will go away entirely but I'm not holding my breath!

In this picture Lucy is curious about the camera but cautious about approaching because it's my husband behind it! I am the only one that Lucy will approach to the point of touching. But she is okay if I hand her to him. So we're working on it. :)

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Wow, if you could only dye yarn that color...

9:13 AM  
Blogger teabird said...

I was thinking the same thing as Chris!

10:43 AM  
Blogger Agnes said...

If I am a yarn dyer, I would be greatly inspired by Lucy's beautiful feathers!

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home