on the needles

Monday, April 09, 2007

Spring Things

It must be something in the air. Every year when spring rolls around the same thing happens. The daffodils start to poke up out of the ground, that crazy cardinal comes back and spends days tapping on the window, and I have a craving to knit lace. There is something springy about lace. After all the heavy woolen of the winter it's time to knit something light and airy.

This year my first lace project is:

The Spring Things Shawl by Susan from I'm Knitting As Fast As I Can.

I've been reading Susan's blog for a long time. This pattern popped up at the exact moment that my lace craving became to strong to resist. Serendipity folks!

There is also a knitalong for the pattern here.

I decided to go all out decadent. I bought two hanks of this Hand Maiden Sea Silk in the colorway Glacier.



I had been wanting to use Sea Silk FOREVER. I bought mine from Tidal Brook Yarns. They have a really great selection of yarn and also lots of kits that I am keeping my greedy eyeballs on.

Unfortunately, I'm not as crazy about this yarn in person. The colorway was a bit of a departure for me anyway - I'm normally an earthtones type person - so I was a bit worried that this colorway might be too pastel for me. In person, the hanks I got have much more of the silvery sea green color overall. I'm still using it for the shawl but I am suspending my judgement until I see the whole thing. I think it will be pretty - but just not really ME.

Oh well - the yarn itself is really nice. I will be using it again for sure.

Don't worry - I'm still finishing up Myrtle. I'm SO close to being done!! Woo-hoo!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home