on the needles

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Asking for help - gasp!

Well - I think I am going to be sensible and take the shawl in to the LYS and see if they can figure out what is wrong. This is a new kind of idea for me because I usually never think to ask for help on anything - I just slog on, learning by trial and error. I don't have a knitting group (weep! sob!) so I am not used to having the ability to get a second opinion from real live people. But I guess since I have branched out and signed up for a class I will keep the trend going and ask for help!

Someone had suggested I check the errata for the Folk Shawls book to make sure my pattern wasn't wrong but unfortunately no hope to be had there. I checked for that before I started & it turns out that since I have a later edition of the book the patterns have already been corrected.

This run in with the lace demons has decided my class project for me - I am going to do the Lotus Blossom shawl. Hopefully in the Marrakesh colorway of Fiddlesticks Country Silk yarn. I'm going to see if the store will order it for me since you have to use materials from the store for the class.

Due to my lace induced depression I didn't do any knitting today. But I did get fun packages in the mail. Bunches of Fibertrends and Fiddlesticks shawl patterns and four buttons of the Artisan New Zeland Merino lace yarn and lots of sizes of steel DPN's for sock knitting. Cheered me up.. a wee bit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home