on the needles

Friday, February 27, 2009

A Wee Bit of Complaining...

I'm feeling like an exhausted - but happy survivor today.

The past three weeks have been like this:

1. Little One has the flu. Some puking. Lots of high fever. Many days home from school. I get little sleep.

2. As soon as the Little One gets better my Mom has her heart attack. I get little sleep from worrying.

3. As soon as Mom gets out of the hospital the Little One gets a stomach bug. This time much puking and only a little fever. Lots of days home from school. I get little sleep.

Today has been good because I slept pretty much the whole day. Little One had a good day back at school. So I am happy. :)

The only problem is my Mom. (Thanks to everyone who expressed concern or sympathy - I appreciate it!) But I just don't know what to do with this woman.

She had a heart attack and about 5 days later I called up to check on her and found out that she was at her new house supervising the movers unloading the furniture! WTF?! Seriously - who the hell has a heart attack and then moves house 5 days later? Her excuse was that the doctor said she can do normal activity as long as she avoids physical strain. In my opinion moving house is not a normal activity for anyone - ever. Moving house is stressful. Very stressful when you are a perfectionist like my Mom.

So I called my step-dad and bitched him out for allowing my Mom to be doing this. What the hell is the use of him being out there to babysit her if he can't make her take care?

I lost my mind (as politely as I could without beating around the bush) and I left it at that. I obviously can't control what my Mom does. But at least I voiced my opinion.

So to some extent I have mentally washed my hands of it. What else can I do? Does anyone else have parents that are this stubborn?

Sigh.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I'm glad the Little One is feeling better!

My dad and my stepmom are in charge of each other and I try not get too worked up over anything. :)

8:55 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Sorry to hear about your mom -- but it sounds like she's feeling better. I understand how frustrated you must be; hopefully it gets better soon. Maybe she'll take some time and relax after the move?

11:11 AM  
Blogger Mallow said...

My mom is on the stubborn side. Gets chemo treatments and then when she feels okay goes and takes a walk.. telling me "if I feel woozy I sit on the bench for awhile". What!??
Sometimes I feel it's this kind of stubborn attitude that gets them through the rough times in life.
Hopefully your mom is feeling better now.

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home