on the needles

Monday, January 12, 2009

So close!

So I'm this close to being able to spill the beans about my secret project! Squee!

In the meantime we have been doing much Rock Band rockin'. In fact, I'm considering running away to join a rock band. Anyone know any geriatric rock stars that need a bass player? :)

Seriously though I do think Rock Band is a great game. Kids spend so much time being told to be quiet and sit still and behave - I love having an activity with them where I can shout "Sing louder, I don't think the neighbors can hear you!" Especially for girls who learn at such an early age to be "ladylike" (whatever the hell that is supposed to mean). I think when you learn at a young age that it's awesome to sing at the top of your lungs and who cares what you sound like - well, I think you will end up a much happier person. I know I feel happier when I sing at the top of my lungs.

And also, it's very very funny when Hubby sings "Mississippi Queen" at the top of his lungs. :)

And I got a new picture of Maica -



And some great news as well - her family income has doubled since I funded her Income Generating Project. I was so so happy to hear that. She now has far and away the most income of any of my Filipino kids. Most of them are in the $50 a month range and Maica is up to $200. Yay!! It's so great to feel like I can really make a difference like that in some one's life.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

What great news for Maica and her family! Doubled -- that's amazing!

Thomas and I are considering getting some kind of guitar game thing for his xbox. I'm not too interested in video games and he thinks this might change my mind :)

1:05 PM  
Blogger Mallow said...

Rock Band! What a funny coincidence- I was just visiting my nieces in Ca. and we were playing that game. I keep thinking I should get R.B. or Guitar Hero so I can secretly practice for my next visit. Yes I'm THAT bad. XD

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home