on the needles

Monday, December 22, 2008

Finally Some Quilting!

The photos are a bit washed out looking but at least I can finally show you all some of the crafts that Hubby and I have been working on. These have already been gifted so it's safe! :)

Hubby and I have been collaborating on lots of gifts this year. This one is a set of six placemats. We both worked out the design, then I chose the fabrics and decided which ones would go next to each other and did the cutting. Hubby did the piecing and the quilting on this set.







We've been toying with the idea of making some placemats sets to sell in our Etsy shop. What do you think? They are machine washable. :)

I've got so much more to show you but most of it probably needs to wait until after Christmas...

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger teabird said...

My vote: yes! They'd go like hotpads. Hotcakes. Whatever. Very, very nice!

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice indeed... you could even expand by making a table runner (the size of 2 or 3 placemats together) and (non quilted napkins). I think they would indeed go faster than you could make them :)

Cheers Eva

6:18 AM  
Blogger Krista said...

That is a lovely set! A husband who helps in the craft room too - you have it made!

7:57 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

I agree -- I'd imagine they'd sell well on etsy. Especially since they look great and are machine washable. Yea!

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home