on the needles

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Yet More Good News!!

Remember that nice lady I told you about that I met at the bird store? Well, it turns out she really is a nice lady! She just emailed to let me know that she has sponsored a teenage girl through Children International! I was so happy to hear about that because I know the girl, Miriam, has been waiting awhile to find a sponsor. Go on over to her blog and congratulate her on becoming a first time sponsor mom!

And in even more sponsor kid news, my daughter's class is going to be sponsoring a child as well. I cant wait to get these kids involved. I really think it will be a great experience for them. First step - fund raising. Probably a bake sale - but if anyone has any other ideas I'd love to hear them!

Oh and also - I should have mentioned this before - if anyone would like to sponsor any of the siblings of my sponsor kids please email me. In most of the cases the kids are not on Children International's website. But if you let me know, it is very easy to get you all set up. :) The kids are in the program already, just not online.

And lastly, I thought this was kind of cool. I had noticed lots of hits to my blog coming from a single source. I finally got curious enough about it too take a look and was surprised to find that it was actually a website about Pre-Raphaelite Women that is run by Pittsburg State University in Pittsburg, Kansas. They included a link to my book review of May and Amy by Joceline Dimbleby. (Look under the section for Mary Casavetti Zambaco click on the link for Burne Jones' wife, models, and lovers.) If you are interested in the Pre-Raphaelites then definitely check out the website - it has lots of great links! I'm totally flattered that they included my book review. I hope that means I didn't write anything stupid. :)

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Mallow said...

Aww, thank you Stephanie. I think you are the one to thank for writing about Children International on your blog. Sometimes it just takes a little grain of information to pique one's curiosity..
Violet and I thank you for sending her so many of your nice blog friends. :)

3:05 PM  
Blogger teabird said...

Utterly cool to be linked to a Pre-Raphaelite site!
I have May and Amy on my bookshelf -

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is indeed cool to be linked to a Pre-Raphaelite site.

It's so exciting to see more and more children being taken care of.

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home