on the needles

Friday, April 13, 2007

Please Ignore the Big Pile of Poop in the Corner....

Do you see what I see?? Aside from the poop I mean!



Look at the little chick on the right - that's blue feathers folks!! Hooray!

Yesterday I snuck a few pictures of the rescued baby Gouldian Finches. As every frustrated yarn photographer knows, the camera often distorts colors, especially when the flash is used. But I have found that in the case of Gouldian Finches, the view through the camera lens is often very revealing. And this is a perfect example. To the eye, the chick on the left appears a drab olive green, the chick on the right, a light powdery grey. But when the flash bounces off whatever little color particles there are hiding in those feathers sometimes you can see exactly what color these little babies are going to be when they grow up.

Another blue! I'm so excited!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home