on the needles

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Aliens Rawk!

Now you see 'em:


Now you don't:


The Stats:
Pattern: Alien Head Illusion Scarf from Stitch and Bitch by Debbie Stoller
Yarn: Brown Sheep Nature Spun Worsted 1 skein each of Pepper 601W & Spring Green 109
and believe me you need every inch of it. I only got 5 heads when the pattern calls for 6.
Needles: Susan Bates straights size 7. Next time I might use one size smaller - a bit tighter might make the illusion pattern stand out even more.
What I learned: Well - Illusion knitting for one thing! I think once you understand the idea you can substitute any pattern you'd like.
Overall: It was very fast, very easy and very cool. It only needed a very light wet blocking. Too much pulling and stretching would probably flatten and distort the pattern. If I do this type of thing again I might make a garter stitch edge so that I wouldn't (hopefully) have to block it at all. I only blocked it this time to keep the edges from curling.

Over the shoulder shot:


It's done and in the mail. Happy Birthday Nephew!

This is also my project for "Woman on the Edge of Time" which we are reading over at KTC.

To make it tripple duty - this is also my second FO for Show Your FO week. Can I crank out a third? I don't know.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home