on the needles

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Work Work Work!

I haven't been blogging much - but usually that means I've been too busy. Here's what I've done since the last post:

1. My Leaf Lace Shawl is in the middle of the 15th repeat. It's harder to find time to work on it since I don't like having to stop in the middle of the row & the rows are so long now they take about 20 minutes each. Also I need to work on it when I'm not tired so I don't make mistakes!

2. I finished organising the yarn closet:














3. I cleared out the 2nd closet in the craft room. Hubby dismantled the old shelves and painted the wall.




















We mounted the shelves and I sorted out that huge mound of supplies!! This closet holds my needlepoint, quilting and sewing supplies, as well as the craft yarn I use for making toys.




















It took several hours and really aggrivated my asthma but at least the room is usable now.

Before:




After:




Of course I've still got to get a couch/daybed thing, a rug etc. but at least it's just a matter of saving up some cash now! I also have some children's book illustration art I need to get framed to go on the walls. I can't wait to get that stuff up!

4. I found my yarn swift! Too late to save me from all of that tedious winding but at least I have it for the future.

5. I found my amigurumi book! I was looking for this so I could make something for the Amigurumi-Along.



Over three days I crocheted, stuffed and sewed a cute bear. My daughter hijacked him as soon as she saw him. I had to pry him away from her in order to get the legs put on. I think the amigurumi patterns are really cute & they must be because my son (who never wants me to make things for him) requested an animal for himself. :) I am going to sew a button on for the bears nose as soon as I can get him back!



6. Had my first sock making class. Learned German cast on (awesome & worth the price of the class alone!) and made a mini sock up through the heel flap.

7. I came home and immeditely started a pair of socks. I am using Meilenweit Fantasy and size 2 needles. I wanted to get the sock done through the heel flap so I would have something ready to work on after I learn the rest of the sock making techniques in this week's class.



8. I got through everything I knew how to do on the first sock so I started another in Schaefer Yarns Anne. I'm using number 2 needles on this as well.



9. Watched The Big Chill with hubby because he had never seen it. I had seen it before & it is still a great movie. I watched the 80's version (St. Elmo's Fire) a few weeks ago too. It was still fairly good as well. Not as good as The Big Chill though. Whatever happened to the fad for William Hurt? He was a really big deal for awhile & then he pretty much dropped out of sight.

10. Last but not least, I sent a package of goodies to my friend Amanda who hosts Knit the Classics with me. I don't know her in "real life" so it was a bit strange trying to pick out things for her but I hope she likes it! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home