on the needles

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Ponson trade rumors

O's Trying To Ship Ponson To Padres

If only this were true! I really doubt it will come through though. Hopefully it will at least serve as a timely wake up call for Ponson. Not that he hasn't had about as many taliking to's as a guy can have and still have a job! Anyhow - not holding my breath over this one.............Pity the poor Padres if the trade does work out!

I knit a whole lot this weekend - entirely on the Leaf Lace shawl (LLS). I am in the middle of the 7th repeat - so I am half done in terms of number of repeats. But since each repeat gets bigger I am more like a third through in terms of volume. I think this pattern moves along really quickly. It is very easy to tell when you have made a mistake. I've messed up twice - once I saw it before I got halfway across the row & only had to take out a few stitches. The other time I didn't see it until I started the next row of pattern repeats so I had to take out about two rows. Not too bad over all. And I haven't been using a lifeline (despite all of my vows and good intentions) because it is just so easy to see what is going on with this pattern. I don't think (knock wood!) that I will ever be in so much trouble that I would need a lifeline.

Wanda asked if this either this shawl or the Flower Basket Shawl would be good pattern for a beginner. I don't know about the Flower Basket Shawl - I haven't knit it yet. But I do have the pattern and it looks about as easy as the Leaf Lace Shawl. The two things about the LLS that I didn't know already were the provisional crochet cast on and the sk2p. The sk2p is: slip the first stitch as if to knit, knit the next two together then pass the slip stitch over. That one was easy to figure out but I had more trouble with the provisional cast on. It wasn't hard but it was easier to have someone show it to me. When I tried to do it on my own I wasn't sure where to knit into the crochet stitches. TONS of shawls begin with this exact cast on so it is a skill worth learning. Hope this answers your question Wanda! :)

In class this week I spent nearly all of the time seaming and stuffing the pig toy I knit a year ago. I am determined to whittle away the UFO's which are all hanging around waiting to be put together. The actual list is longer than the one on my sidebar. (Blush!) I really only got the body put together & the eyes put on. I was working super slow!! Sigh.....

The good news is that I joined the Amigurumi along. So this will give me motivation to finish up all the little critters I have in baggies waiting to become real toys. I also want to crochet some "actual" Amigurumi. I have a book I bought off Ebay but I can't find it! I really need to get my craft room together!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home