on the needles

Friday, July 22, 2005

Leaf Lace and Lone Star

Here's a photo of my progress on the Leaf Lace Shawl so far:


I'll try to get a another photo with the pattern stretched out so it can be seen better - but for now you get the idea. I do like the Elsebeth Silky Wool. It works up much faster than the Jamieson's - probably because there is much less drag. This pattern is turning out to be much less complicated than I thought when I first looked at it. I'm starting to feel like I could tackle something harder soon! :) In fact - it is working up so fast I haven't even had a chance to put up a progress-o-mter on my sidebar.

Also - since it was admired by Knitter in Progress when I posted a sliver of it over at Knit the Classics - a photo of my Amish quilt:



The pattern is Lone Star. Unfortunately, I can't take credit for this beauty! Quilting is the one fiber art that I haven't really learned yet. I do know the basics of hand quilting but I never have time for it so I would like to learn to machine quilt. Too bad my sewing machine HATES me! Anyhow, the quilt is totally handquilted by an Amish lady with initial EES. (It is signed and dated.) I have a small collection of handquilted Amish quilts - about 10 or so. I will put up pictures of them from time to time if anyone is interested.

Here's a photo of the bird motif at the top of the quilt:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home