on the needles

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Black Water Abbey Project Stalled.....

Well - Here's a photo of how far I have gotten on my aran hat for the Black Water Abbey KAL. The Slate yarn is pretty dark and difficult to photograph. I really feeling bummed out by this work so far. It's just not doing it for me. :(



The color in the photo is pretty close to the actual yarn color - which I think is part of the problem. I am not seeing much stitch definition. Cables are still rather a "process" for me so I got a bit discouraged by the lackluster results. Why knit cables if you won't be able to see them? So my question is - do I need to tough it out and proceed a bit further into the knitting and see if having a larger sample to look at makes the cables more obvious - or - should I rip it out and knit the same thing in a lighter color? I am leaning towards the latter at this point but any input would be most helpful.

In more cheery news - more visitors to my backyard feeder:

The Red Bellied Woodpecker - I love these birds! They are a bit more shy than the Downy but I still see them quite frequently. I can't tell the males from the females so I'm not sure if we have a pair or not.


Mr Cardinal


Mrs Cardinal

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home