on the needles

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Hosting York Along

I began knitting the York sweater from Jane Ellison's Noro Knits a few days ago. I thought it would be fun to host a knit along for the pattern. It's an easy pattern that works up very quickly - something that is very encouraging for beginning knitters but still fun enough for advanced knitters. Also, I like the fact that it is a unisex pattern so all of those knitting boys can join in. No rules for the knit along other than try to get it done before next winter! LOL! Just send me an email (I will be getting a link for that up ASAP) and let me know you want to join and I will add you to the list. Then when you are finished send me a photo of the completed project so that everyone can admire all of your hard work!

I am knitting mine in Kureyon 116. This colorway looks much nicer knitted up than on the skein. (Thank goodness!) This is my first sweater for dear hubby so I hope it turns out alright. I'm already worrying about sewing in the zipper though because apparently sewing machines hate me. The thought of sacrificing my lovely knitwear to the evil sewing machine beast is a real nightmare. I am almost certain it will be eaten. I will let you all know when I reach that point so you can cross your fingers and offer up a few little prayers for me. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home