on the needles

Sunday, January 23, 2005

New winter hat!


Here is a photo of the new hat I made this week for my daughter. I used Noro Kureyon 102 and a basketweave pattern. It was my first try at working a pattern in the round. I was a bit nervous to try it but it turns out - it's easy! It only took three days to make & used one skein of yarn.

I also cast on for a coil scarf using some Classic Elite Fame which I had been hoarding for literally years! It is a silk and rayon blend yarn in a color I like to call Watermelons and Mermaids but is actually known as #1439. How mundane! The pattern is really simple but produces a unique looking coiled fabric. Using # 13 needles I cast on 90 sts. Knit the first row. For the 2nd row knit into the front and back of each st. Repeat these two rows two more times and then knit a final row and bind off. Voila! You are finished. Wrap the scarf around your neck and enjoy all the compliments. :) I will probably finish the scarf tonight. Picture to follow. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home