on the needles

Monday, May 04, 2009

Gracias! from Jhonny

In October last year we sent each of the sponsor kids a big package of photos, coloring books, stickers, postcards, and other goodies that we had picked up for them on our summer vacation. I haven't had a chance to post them before now - but these are the photos we got back from CI.



Isn't this the sweetest thing you ever saw? Jhonny took the photos of us and made a poster. He told me that he was going to hang it in his room so he could always think about us and know that we are thinking about him. It's such a sweet gesture and that "Gracias" brought tears to my eyes!



Jhonny is very anxious to get to met us in person. He always tells me all the things he would show me about his "beautiful city" in Ecuador. I hope and pray that I will get to meet him someday. He's a really special kid. It's been a privilege getting to know him.



We also got a new yearly photo of Jhonny. He's so cheerful - always smiling. In fact the first thing that he ever told me about himself is that he is a "cheerful" person. He must be a nice kid to be around. :)


Jhonny 2009

I can't wait to get a progress update on his family IGP. I hope it is going well!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stephanie,

This blog is wonderful! I happened on it by accident through a web search. I have been a CI sponsor since the 1980's. I am like you, can't wait the get the pictures and updates for my sponsored children. Keep the blog going, I enjoy reading what you have to say about your sponsorship experience.

Thanks again!
Bernie

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home