on the needles

Friday, May 01, 2009

His Favorite Sweater Ever

Ta da! The Cobblestone Pullover by Brooklyntweed via Interweave Knits. A nice woolly sweater just in time for summer! LOL!



I'm probably the last person in the world to knit this. Bandwagon's don't seem to stop at my house...

No blocking has been done because Hubby pretty much grabbed the sweater as soon as it came off my needles. :)



The Yarn: Rowan Yorkshire Tweed in "Muffin"
The Needles: Addi Circs and Knit Picks size 8
The Details: Size small used up about 7 balls. Yorkshire Tweed has great yardage.



This was a fun knit. I like anything that has lots of knit stitches and can be done pretty much in one piece on circs. I should have taken a photo of the armpits because I kicked ass on that Kitchner Stitch. :) I'm still not sure I was picking up the wraps right, it looked a little weird to me... but I couldn't find any guidance other than what was in the pattern so...I just did what it told me to.



The back side. LOL! I think that Cobblestone pattern done in this color looks like a beehive which of course reminds me of Winnie the Pooh which makes me think of cuddly, comforting things like woolly sweaters so...Success! Can you follow the logic there? No? Okay - moving on...



I do love the rustic look of the Yorkshire Tweed. Some people might find it scratchy and if you knit too fast with it you will get yarn burn but still, I love it. I think it will bloom and look softer when the sweater has it's first bath.



Hubby raved about how much he loves it. His favorite sweater ever! I've got more Yorkshire Tweed - should I knit another one? :)

(And you guys thought I didn't knit anymore.) :)

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

It looks great!

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Pat said...

Thanks again for making it! I was hoping to get to wear it today but 70°F + wool sweater = not fun! Cross your fingers for some more late-spring cold weather. :)

10:57 AM  
Blogger Dianne said...

Love it!

1:59 PM  
Blogger Heather M said...

WOW!!! It looks great! Maybe you could start knitting for profit (maybe as a fundraiser). I wouuld love to buy one!
Heather

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home