on the needles

Monday, April 20, 2009

What a Wonderful Gift!

A smile from Hermelinda!



Isn't she the sweetest thing you ever saw?



These are the pictures that Steve took for me while he was in Guatemala. I have never seen Hermelinda smile before! It really transforms her. In other photos I have of Hermelinda she looks shy and unsure. But I feel like in these new photos you can see her real personality. I can tell she is still very shy but I hope that she will continue to gain in confidence and her personality will have the chance to blossom. The increase in self-esteem for these little girls is one of the best effects of sponsorship.

Hermelinda with her family at the CI center in Guatemala: (I think Steve was making silly faces at them in this sequence. :) )







Hermelinda's family are: her father Victor, mother Dorca, oldest brother Victor (11), oldest sister Yesica (8), Dulce (age 4, being held by her Daddy), and youngest sister Marlyn (2)peeking out behind Yesica. I don't know the baby's name but I think it is a boy. As of the last report I had Dulce and Marlyn need sponsors.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Efrain said...

I understand your excitement She is so adorable............ I also rejpice when one of my children smile in a picture.

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home