on the needles

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Oh My Goodness!

So guess what! Yesterday I got a phone call from the regional director at Children International saying that she was going to be in the area next week for conferences and that she and one of her colleagues would like to stop by to meet me! Oh my goodness!

I was so surprised! Frankly, I'm just really glad that I wasn't majorly rude when I answered the phone. (I hate marketing phone calls so when I see a phone number that I don't recognise I usually don't answer the phone in a very polite tone of voice. And I hang up pretty quickly as well.) So - that would have been a bad first impression, huh? :)

I asked if she would like to stay for dinner - so in addition to cleaning the house like crazy over the weekend I will also be praying that I don't burn the food or something!

Seriously though, I am so excited to meet some actual "Children International People" and I can't wait to tell them all about my sponsor kids.

Wish me luck!!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Mistrmi said...

Luck! Definitely!

11:50 AM  
Blogger Dianne said...

How cool is that? Good luck!!!

4:17 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Hi Stephanie,

I just wanted to let you know a $15.40 donation will be added to Lesly's roof project. (Yay!)

I just received an e-mail from someone at CI, asking me where I wanted my Aura's house donation to go (through Igive). Completely unexpected!

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home