on the needles

Friday, September 05, 2008

Nyslin's New Bed

We sent Nyslin a special needs donation to celebrate her birthday. She was able to buy a new bed (and now no longer has to sleep on the floor), a packet of underwear and a box of cookies.



I'm always thrilled when my sponsor kids are able to get a bed with their donation. I've been told it's often what the families will choose to buy with their first special needs gift. Nyslin wrote that she was very happy to get her new bed and promises to share it with her siblings. :) Nyslin is such a tiny little thing and that bed just looks gigantic next to her!



I was also delighted beyond words that she got her little box of cookies. Every kid deserves something sweet for their birthday. And just look at that smile! Nyslin's smile is just so joyful. I always think of her as a little ray of sunshine. :)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I sent my gift to Carolina for a new bed, the photos showed something similar; Carolina standing with the mattres behind her. Just that Carolina never smiles and always looks so shy and sad.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Mallow said...

How sweet.. she looks quite happy!

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home