on the needles

Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Inevitable

Sigh.

Well - we've hit that seemingly inevitable point during any major home overhaul, the point at which STUFF GOES WRONG.

First the good:



Our beautiful upper cabinets are hung.



Having the upper cabinets up has really thrown the room back into proportion. It was looking a bit off to me without them. Now I see how it will eventually all come together and I'm loving it!



However -

The peninsula cabinet was not delivered on time. That meant that the date for the counter top templating was missed and pushed back two weeks. Now we won't have our counter top installed until a week from now. Which means that - no back splash tiles can be put up until after then, no cook top can be installed until after then, no hood for the cook top can be installed until after then...well, you get the idea.

The photos of the upper cabinets were actually taken last week. Not much has been done since then. It's really frustrating to have a week and a half of essentially nothing going on. We REALLY REALLY need the kitchen back.

Also in bad news - one of the upper cabinets was the wrong size so it has to be remade (who knows when we will get that) and the hutch was also made wrong. So two rather major pieces which could take many weeks to get installed. Arrgh! The kitchen remodel has already sucked away our entire summer. And I'll be damned if I let this thing drag on into the next school year!

The only really good news is that they have turned the fridge on. I'm SLIGHTLY mollified by that circumstance. I have to admit it looks really cool with the fridge light softly glowing. I always hear a little chorus of angels (aaaahhhhhh!) in my head when I open the fridge door. :)

But there is still SO much to be done. The finish date has been pushed back from the 3rd of August to the 10th. I SERIOUSLY doubt they will be done then. There are just too many things, MAJOR things, that can't even begin to happen until the beginning of August.

So - that's where were at around here. And like I said - I guess it's just inevitable. But that doesn't mean I have to like it! Grr. :(

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home