on the needles

Friday, September 15, 2006

The Mighty Miter

Here's the start of my Lorna's Laces mitered squares blanket.



Color is off a bit again in these photos - sorry, it's been so darn grey here the past few days. But anyhow - this is how the Watercolor colorway works up. My plan is to just knit however many squares I can get out of a skein - so far it looks like it will be either 3 or 4 per skein. I've got five skeins of each color (only four of Vera) so hopefully that will be enough for a blanket. If not I'll just get some skeins in an additional colorway.



I didn't use the exact formula for miters found in Mason Dixon Knitting. Since I am using sock weight I had to cast on more stitches in order to get a good sized square - but the rest of the process is the same as in the book. I'm looking forward to knitting some more on this as soon as I finish the Log Cabin Blanket I'm working on.

Update on the Log cabin Blanket & more California yarn haul to follow....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home