on the needles

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Next Project

I'm busily finishing up the Irish Hiking Scarf - still loving it! - but today I went out and got the yarn for my next project.

The Shadow Shawl:


This utilizes the techniques of illusion knitting to make a pattern of chevron stripes that appear and disappear as you move. I think it's going to look cool!

Here's the yarn I am using:



The Silky Wool is from my stash. I know you guys think I never actually use my stash yarn - but I do! The Irish Hiking Scarf is stash yarn too. :) So anyhow, I had five skeins of Silky Wool in color 8 leftover from my Leaf Lace Shawl. (And yes, I STILL have not blocked the shawl!) For the variegated yarn I am using Koigu in color P301. I've never used Koigu before so I'm psyched! It didn't show up well in the photo but the Koigu has a stripe of green that matches the shade of the Silky Wool. I love those earth tones!

Scout will be knitting the Shadow Shawl too. We are starting May 1st, by which time I hope I am done with the Irish Hiking Scarf.

I also owe a big - belated - thank you to Sherrill for the yarn she sent me.



It's 60 yards of her own handspun! It is so pretty!! There is no way the camera could catch all of the tones of brown in this yarn, but trust me, it's awesome. I was thinking I would use it with the tealish colored Peace Fleece I got in the KTC Mystery Swap from Heather. I'm thinking a hat with the brown as a stripe. I think it will be really cool to make something out of yarn I got from KTC members! :)

Now I'm off to watch the Sox vs. Indians. It's not the same without Johnny Damon and Kevin Millar but nonetheless...Go SOX!!

(Arghh!! Just as I typed that the Indians Peralta hit a homerun in the first!! Crap!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home