on the needles

Thursday, April 06, 2006

In Which We Spend Some Personal Time Together...

I hardly ever respond to comments that are left on my blog with a personal email. I sometimes do, but not usually. I hope this doesn't offend anyone! Believe me, I read and smile/laugh/shake my head etc. at every comment that I get. And I greatly appreciate it when people take the time to leave me one. The reason I don't usually email someone back is mostly because I can't quite seem to figure out how to easily get the email address to respond to - I swear I knew how to do this once but it slipped through one of the gaping holes in my brain and now there's no getting it back.

Anyhow, I thought I would do some On the Needles "personal time" every now and then to answer all of your burning questions. So pull up a comfy chair, put on your grubby sweatpants (you know, the ones that give your tummy some breathing room), make yourself some tea and let's get started.

1:Wendi asks where I was on flash your stash day.

A: Well, Wendi, I was luking in blogland, keeping my head down and trying not to be noticed. I don't want to become famous for my humongous stash. Especially because it has grown since the last photo I took and is now spilling out of the closet and piling up along the wall. Someday I will take some more photos - perhaps just my sock yarn or just the boxes of Malabrigo - you know, show it in bits so it doesn't frighten anyone. You know, like my husband. The good news is I have an endless source for the prizes I get to giveaway over at KTC. :)

2: Not really a question, but both Karen and Chris noticed the Little House on the Prairie and Princess Diana videos/dvds that reside behind my knittin spot.

A: I admit I kinda did think twice about putting that info out there in public. I realize that I've already admitted on the blog to liking to knit to the soothing sounds of LHOTP and to my obsession re: Princess Diana, but it's so much scarier when you have visual evidence of my weirdness. I thought about cropping the photo to take out the dvds and thus (presumably) make myself appear more normal. But then I decided, hey, if I can't be weird on the internet....!! I guess I can only hope you will all love me in spite of myself. ;)

3: Again not a question but Jenni had the courage to own up to being a parakeet killer.

A: So I guess I also have to admit that I am lethal to parakeets as well. I had several as a child that all met with a premature end. Luckily my bad bird mojo seems limited to parakeets! (Fingers crossed!)

4: Also not really a question, but Carrie claims to be surprised that I didn't know Robert Sean Leonard was on House.

A: Protest all you like missy - I know you were tryin' to hog the RSL love! (LOL!) I think it's a given that ladies of a certain age still retain a small crush on RSL from The Dead Poets Society days. And therefore, the rules are, if RSL is to be had, you must share.

PS. No bogarting Hugh Laurie either! ;)

5: Carrie also asked if I would post some pictures of the tattoos I have done.

A: Well, my husband has two so I'll see if I can convince him to let me take some photos for the blog. :)

6: And Laura asked if I have any tattoos myself.

A: Yep I do. Six. Which is a lot or a little depending on if I'm on the east coast or in the south west. But I'm not telling what I have or where they are - not today anyway - I think the LHOTP & Princess Diana thing is enough freakyness for one post! (LOL)

***Newsflash!***
My mom is in town and you regular readers know what that means...!! Yep, completely gratuitous stash enhancement!! Stay tuned for the results...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home