on the needles

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Besotted Scarf

Finally took some photos of the Besotted Scarf that I finished a while back:


This close up is more true to the color of the yarn:


Here's the specs:
The Pattern: Besotted Scarf from Hello Yarn
The Yarn: 4 skeins of Gedifra Fashion Trend in color 4901
The Needles: Addi Turbo Circ's size 6
What I learned from this project: Mostly that I'm not a big fan of Fashion Trend. It's not a bad yarn and other people may not have any problem with it at all but to me it was just a bit too Lopi-esque to be totally enjoyable. It makes a reasonably soft fabric, not as scratchy as Lopi, but knitting with Fashion Trend was not the nicest. I dislike the crunchy squishyness of Lopi and Fashion Trend struck me the same way but to a lesser degree. (Does crunchy squishyness make sense? I just can't describe Lopi in any other way. Next time you see some hold it up to your ear and give it a squeeze. What you will hear is crunchy squishyness.) I also didn't like the slight "halo" that the knitted fabric had. I don't like fuzzy cables. I like my cables crispy. Anyhow, I would probably use Fashion Trend again because I didn't hate it that much and I do have more in the monster stash but it won't be my first choice for yarn.

I did love the pattern though. I was very easy to memorize, easy and enjoyable to knit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home