on the needles

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Warm the World Blanket finished :)

My Warm the World Blanket - All finished!



Not the best picture but it was all I could get because our camera was out of memory space!

The Yarn: James C. Brett "Marble" in shade MT3. I used 4 100g skeins or about 960 yards. This yarn is 100% acrylic. It's very soft and cuddly. I thought it was inmportant to use a durable, washable yarn for this project. I got this stuff at AC Moore. There are quite a few shades - some of them really pretty. I think this is a great alternative to Red Heart or Lion Brand if you are looking for an inexpensive acrylic yarn.

The Needles: size 4.5 mm Addi Turbo circs.

The Pattern: My own pattern! I used a lace pattern called "little diamonds" for the center and a 2" garter stitch border. This pattern was very easy to read while on the needles so there were minimal mistakes. I got used to the pattern really quickly so even though it is a 12 row repeat it didn't feel so bad to knit. I can post the pattern if anyone wants it. The finished blanket is 35" x 35". I didn't bother to block it because I think it looks okay without being blocked and from what I have read it probably wouldn't hold a blocking anyway.

My hope is that this blanket will become a cuddly friend to some child somewhere who needs one. My own daughter has a snuggly friend she has slept with since birth and I always feel like every child needs the same thing - a security blanket really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home